- Comfortable shoes are must (but don't have to be boring!). I have a ridiculous amount of basic flats for everyday wear, but they tend to be anything but exciting. I love my lace up flats from Pinup Girl Clothing and my Mandalaye flats from Jessica Simpson. They're comfortable and great for a casual work environment. If your office is a bit more dressed up, I'd recommend anything from Bettie Page or Chelsea Crew. Their heels are incredibly comfortable and work perfectly with a retro inspired wardrobe.
- Cardigans are your friend. Depending on your office situation, many necklines/sleeveless tops and dresses won't be appropriate. That's why a cardigan (or an arsenal of them if it's my closet) are the perfect solution. I prefer a cropped cardigan because it doesn't take away from the silhouette of your outfit. Pinup Girl Clothing and Modcloth have a generous assortment of colors to match everything in your closet!
- Skip the petticoat. As much as I love a big full skirt, it's just not practical at the office. When I wear a dress or skirt to the office, I'll wear an underskirt (like this one HERE) with a full skirt or opt for a more demure a-line skirt.
- Dress down your fancier wiggle dresses. I'm kind of new to wiggle dresses and pencil skirts because I rarely wear them outside of date nights. I recently decided to get more wear from these pieces by styling them casually to work. Again, cardigans are your friend and a pair of flats can completely change an otherwise "fancy" dress.
- 3/4 sleeve tops are the perfect staple. If you enjoy skirts as much as I do, then you're constantly on the hunt for a great top to wear with them. I really love 3/4 sleeved fitted tops because they're office appropriate, comfortable, and stylish. The Sabrina top from Pinup Girl Clothing (pictured above) is a wonderful top that comes in an assortment of colors. A budget friendly option is the Boatneck Tee from Target, which also comes in varied colors and prints.
Do you wear your vintage or vintage reproduction pieces to work? What are your tips for keeping your wardrobe office friendly? Let me know in the comments below!
P.S. To see more of my work outfits (I post them every weekend), follow me on Instagram!